Dr Rev. Suzette Hattingh
As well as worldwide evangelistic campaigns, Suzette has a strong call from the Lord to concentrate on cities and local communities. Under the banner of servanthood, she reaches out with the same passion to one soul as to a million. Although a passionate evangelist, Suzette is also gifted in edifying and equipping the body of Christ through motivational preaching and teaching.
Dr Gayle Claxton
Gayle’s humorous yet down-to-earth- and effective style of teaching has resulted in her being a highly sought after conference speaker. Her anointed teachings, both written and spoken, carry an authority and anointing clearly endorsed through years of experience. Gayle’s true calling is in teaching and building the body of Christ in all aspects of their walk and growth.
We have a number of projects associated with the ministry where we work out the fulfilment of the vision God has given us. Look through the projects below to learn more.
One of the gifts evident at Voice in the City, is the ability to train the body of Christ. With a long-standing working relationship of over 34 years, Suzette and Gayle have become a team that can adapt and minister in any kind of setting. With the emphasis on training the body of Christ in…
Young people and their discipleship have been on the heart of Voice in the City’s co-founder, Dr Gayle Claxton, for many years. “Seeing the need for our youth to be taught the principles and how to live in the word of God amidst the difficult world they are growing up in, became a burden that…
Teaching the body of Christ how to make prayer a lifestyle through conferences, seminars and Prayer Schools in conjunction with our work book.
“My house will be called a house of Prayer for all Nations. – Mark 11:17
As healing is a finished part of the work of redemption on the cross we minister with equal compassion to the sick as to the lost.
“It is not the healthy that need a Doctor, but the sick. – Mark 2:17
We will walk through every door of opportunity to reach the lost and broken hearted through mass evangelistic outreaches or one to one encounters. This is and remains the core focus of the Cross and the heart beat of this ministry.
“Go into all the world. – Mark 16:15
Ministry of Helps
Living out acts of kindness to the poor and needy is part of our passion and call, be it through caring for the orphans in our Children’s homes or the lonely hearted in prisons. We want to practically show the love of Jesus to everyone irrespective of their walk of life.
“He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord. – Proverbs 19:17
With practical teaching and application we inspire the body of Christ to take what they are taught outside the church or seminar walls and apply it to their daily lives.
“The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life. – Proverbs 13:14
Part of our mandate is to teach the body of Christ the simplistic yet profound truths of scripture. As the Covid-19 pandemic hit the entire world in 2020, this mandate became a challenge as we no longer could travel and minister face to face. With this in mind we sought the Lord and felt that we needed to use the resources that we had at hand, which was and is the Internet. We aim to reach as many nations as possible with powerful, life-changing online courses and teachings and this will remain a vein of vital ministry in the future.
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19
- THE BIBLE is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
- There is ONE GOD, eternally existent in three Persons:
- God the Father
- God the Son
- God the Holy Spirit
- In the Deity of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right Hand of the Father, His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST.
- Regeneration by the HOLY SPIRIT is essential for personal salvation.
- The redemptive work of Christ on THE CROSS provides healing for the body in response to believing prayer.
- The BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it, with the evidence of “speaking in tongues”.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a HOLY LIFE.
- In the RESURRECTION of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.